map-marker Ponchatoula, Louisiana

The person they have working for them

I came in the store to buy lottery tickets at 5:42 in the morning now they have always sold tickets all night and ain't never had a problem until now and it was me I think she prejudice because I am white and she is black it was the attitude I got

User's recommendation: I would change stores

Michael T Bta

| map-marker Tallahassee, Florida

Disgruntled employee

Murphy Usa - Disgruntled employee

I have shopped Murphy 6913 for a year now. I have a Circle K half a mile closer but your prices are better on fuel and cigarettes.

I fill up and buy a carton every weekend. You have a lady named Eboni who obviously does not want to be there. She is very rude to customers verbally and body language. She opens the window when she's ready, sometimes as long as four or five minutes.

Her response is " do you want something". that is no way to greet a customer. She was inside one morning, Knew I was waiting and after about five minutes I tapped on the window and she said everything but cuss me out. My time is important to me and was the only customer there.

I found out her day off so I could avoid her but now she's working that day. I don't feel like I should have to feel anxiety trying to make a business traction.

Serena B Jsr

| map-marker Amory, Mississippi

Watching a beautiful productive money making store in incompetent staffing

Murphy Usa - Watching a beautiful productive money making store in incompetent staffing

I have been a daily customer since the opening of the store, I have seen many changes, some questionable, but I am left completely dumbfounded at the current choice of manager, the lack of training, that I witnessed was pathetic, the new manager supposedly being trained by a woman who did not understand the protocol of the system she was trying to explain. I call it the blind leading the blind.

They have a very popular icey machine, that has now down for 5 days, nobody cared to look into why it was down, or to call for maintenance, despite constantly being asked to solve the issue, the manager told Mr she had called for assistance and clearly she had not, probably due to her mind being on her weekend adventures, that most customers have to endure listing to.

The assistan manager who was recently hired over a far more experienced staff, is totally unable to do any of the daily task unassisted, when the machines run out of syrup nobody knows how to change the bags, as I have ask them to change bags , and the reply as always we don't know how to.

Nobody showed us!

The store is often locked while staff stand outside smoking, at the door of a gas station, need I say More!

The manager has not ordered co2 for the machine that's down, as she don't know how to and she sure can't ask the assistant manager who has to remove socks to count past 10.

I believe Whitney must of made a mistake on her application, as she refuses to reach the top shelf or lift any boxes of syrup.

And yet the woman that was turned down for assistant manager, is the lady they will call day and night to solve all theses problems as the superior staff are severely under trained, incompetent and simply don't care unless someone is watching them.

I can't understand why you would have 4 staff who stand talking, and only running 1 till, discussing loud for all to here , how the safe works.while the the Isles fill with frustration from on lunch with no time for drama.

Such a small store with 8 or 9 staff and none trained in first aid, not can tell you the protocol for a fire or what to do do in a emergency.

No senior staff apart Tanya know where the fule shut off is, I could go on but you clearly are running a possible death trap, and a law suit in the making.

Thank for reading my concerns, as the former manager of a small 9000 employee company I empathize with you problems, but I feel that now with these issues coming to light a solution may be insight.

And the the monkeys can stop running the show, and a perfectly placed store may continue to thrive once again. I am desperate, asking for this store to be looked into further before a disaster happens through poor training and shear incompetent staff being put in position they clearly are not able to maintain.

Sincerely S.Butler.

Drugs found several times on the premises.

I consider applying for a position in the store but the current manager just looked at me and laughed.

My B.O.S.S

And R.S.A

And my 27 years as union health and safety officer and representative for rather large international company, I find entering your store the most depressing part of my day. I hope for change and prosperity, knowledge is power after all.

Pros:
  • Same as any large corporations
Cons:
  • As above i believe i was very detailed

Preferred solution: Improvement

User's recommendation: Pay attention to your safety and always check sell by dates, pipes on mChine never flushed

Robert R Wgv

| map-marker Vancouver, British Columbia

Complaint

Murphy Usa - Complaint

I visited Murphy Station #8620 today. I purchased Fuel and I also went in and purchased merchandise.

Anyhow, the fueling island was trashy and there was nothing in the windshield washer bucket and no paper towels. When I went into the store I was over charged for the items I bought. The cashier did not ask me for my phone number, more concerned for being over charged I forgot to ask about putting my number in for my reward points. There was a thing in the cooler door advertising certain soft drinks 2/$3.79.

After bringing it to the attention of the cashier, she walked back grabbed the promotion decal out of the cooler and brought it to the attention of the manager (I assumed).

I was told there was nothing they could do since I had already paid for my merchandise. If there is how Murphy conducts business, by over charging and not correcting the price to the advertised price then I will stop frequenting Murphy Stations and I will make sure everyone I know doesn't go there either.

User's recommendation: Make sure the price is correct before paying and if you're a MDR make sure you ask if they don't ask you

Resolved
James B Neh

| map-marker Ponchatoula, Louisiana

Resolved: Hold on card

Updated by user Mar 28, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology.

Original review Mar 21, 2024
DPurchased fuel with my debit card and Murphy USA put a $100 hold on my card, I dont have $ to tie up for any period of time at all
Loss:
Pros:
  • Cheap gas
Cons:
  • Hold on debit card

User's recommendation: Do not use a debit card to purchase fuel at Murphy USA

DEBRA A Uft

| map-marker Alamogordo, New Mexico

Falling incident

Updated by user Mar 22, 2024

It was ok, they called within 20 minutes of my review, but they should of taken better care of me after What I went through and I didn't contact a lawyer.

Original review Mar 19, 2024
I had slipped on some spilled gasoline at your store in Alamogordo, NM, on 3/16/24,an injury report was done after I had to ask for one, I'm sure you have video of the whole thing. I am sore and bruised on my back, but am ok. My only problem is that my clothes, car seat cover smell like gasoline and I don't know how to get rid of it. My phone cover was chipped, luckily it wasn't broken. I washed my clothes with my other jeans and that was a mistake, I would like to be compensated for these things please.
Loss:
Pros:
  • I can get in and out quick most of the time
Cons:
  • To busy to take care of outside

Preferred solution: Reimbursement

User's recommendation: Be aware of your surroundings

| map-marker Jackson, Mississippi

Awful customer service

Murphy Usa - Awful customer service

Title: Disappointing Experience at Murphy USA, Starkville Mississippi Due to Unprofessional Staff Behavior

I recently visited the Murphy USA location in Starkville, Mississippi, and was met with an extremely unsatisfactory experience. The cashier, identified as Tempest M, exhibited highly unprofessional and disrespectful behavior during my interaction.

I was making a substantial purchase of over two hundred dollars, and instead of receiving the usual courteous service, I faced unwarranted assumptions and harassment-like remarks from Tempest M.

Her demeanor was not only unpleasant but also contributed to a hostile shopping environment. What was more concerning was her apparent unwillingness to engage constructively when I sought to address the issue. She refused to provide her name or any information on how to contact a manager for a formal complaint, leaving me with no recourse at the time.

This experience was starkly different from the respectful and polite customer service I have come to expect from Murphy USA.

It was both shocking and disappointing, especially given the usually high standards of customer service at their locations. Such behavior towards customers is unacceptable and casts a negative light on Murphy USA's reputation for quality service.

I hope this review serves as a call for management to address and rectify such issues promptly, ensuring no other customer has to go through a similar experience.

User's recommendation: Based on my recent experience at the Murphy USA location in Starkville, Mississippi, I advise future customers to be aware of the possibility of varying customer service standards. While my encounter with unprofessional behavior might be an isolated case, it's important to be prepared for such situations. In the event that you face any issues, I recommend documenting the incident in detail and promptly reaching out to either a manager on-site or directly to Murphy USA's corporate management. It's essential to assert your right to respectful and polite service, especially when engaging in transactions of any size. Remember, you always have the option to take your business elsewhere, and it is important not to tolerate any form of disrespect or poor service. By reporting such incidents, you help maintain the generally high standards of customer service at Murphy USA and contribute to improving the experience for others

Guest

Buddy you live in Mississippi and are in a Murphy USA, stop pretending and realize where you are. And as for unwarranted assumptions and harassment like remarks just be glad you caught Tempest on a good day. It sounds like she was holding back.

Jaquetta Kdv

After the service in Poteau Ok I decided I’m going to another place period! Don’t care to give my business to companies and employees lethargy treat their customers in that manner.

Already said my peace when I made the complaint. This right here is ridiculous. Making me write 100 syllables just to leave my review when I continually get emails from you guys and text. You wont leave me alone. Ive said what I said leave me alone. I choose to take my business somewhere else. Your employee was rude and disrespectful. I dont care to put my money in places that way.

Preferred solution: None The humiliation has no turning back that was done to me. Please leave me alone and quit asking me 1 million questions just to leave this review.

User's recommendation: None I don’t care to write 100 syllables because already said my peace I’ve already said what I said and you guys done nothing about it. I choose to go somewhere else leave me alone.

Margaret R Xml

175 hold

I use cashapp and paid 20.01 for gas at the pump and had a 175 hold on my card .The 20.01 transaction has been approved and completed however the remaining 154.99 has not been released and still missing . I need to understand why and how to proceed with getting that funded back into my account.

Preferred solution: The remaining hold balance of 159.99 back

Wayne B Ikx

Charged 100.00 for nothing

We were charged $100.00 for absolutely nothing, we ended up paying cash because the station charged us 100.00, station no help at all. I want & need my money back!

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Watch out for this station

Steven L Pjh

| map-marker Lockhart, Texas

Company terminated me 1 month prior to my resignation date

I was a store manager in Lockhart Texas. I sent in a written resignation to my boss stating a final employment date of March 2nd. Company terminated me on January 13th getting out of paying a contest winning of 2500, December commission of 1600, and 2 weeks pay. They cheated me out of over $5000 that I earned because they knew I was leaving anyway.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Its a job
Cons:
  • Are thieves

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do not shop of work for these thieves.

Linda W Dmp

Rewards are good

My old number was 346-251-****. And need to get back to 832-883-****. The 832 # I had before and had some issues. But not its all good
map-marker Indianapolis, Indiana

Ticked off/Ripped off

Still no response and still have stolen points that they will not give back . Someone in Texas used my points and it wasnt me or any of my family or friends. Never even been to Texas.

| map-marker Austin, Texas

False Advertisement

Murphy Usa - False Advertisement

I received an email from murphy's and ir stated ninety nine cents for a two pack of

njoy. When I went to murphy's to purchase my two pack of njoy Instead of it being Ninety nine cents I was charged regular price of over nineteen dollars.

The attendant told me he could not do anything about it because there was no coupon. I am really frustrated at these ads that you send and do not follow through. I ended up spending over thirty six dollars on the njoy two pack and on your device for it. By the way, the device was not $1.99 As also stated in the email I received.

This is classified as false information. I expect to receive from murphys a a full refund or free coupons.

WILMA "WILLIE" PEEK

PHONE: 979-251-****

EMAIL: williepeek@***.com

User's recommendation: If it's to good to be true, don't buy..

Barry W Wcd

| map-marker Manchester, Vermont

Murphy gas station took $ 75 off my card

Murphy Usa - Murphy gas station took $ 75 off my card
I used my debit card at the pump like I always do and it to 75 dollars off my card when I only got 22 dollars in gas,now I owe my bank 36 dollars for overdraft fees
Loss:
Pros:
  • Great gas prices

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Use cash,they overdrafted my bank account

johnny h Aci

| map-marker Dallas, Texas

Excellent customer service

Gabe who works at the Murphy's USA in Azle Texas gave me excellent customer service he is definitely a five-star employee

User's recommendation: Always put in your phone number save your point and save money on gas

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article